We recommend that you preview the pottery for Cups for a Cause before the site goes live on Monday evening! Just click the purple button. . .
Cups must be picked up at the CNY Food Bank location on September 23 or 24.
For more helpful hints scroll down.
This year's IPA fundraiser will be accessible through our site on Facebook @independentpotters'association. The link will become live on September 17th. You can preview the cups and preregister to save you important minutes when choosing your cups.
The link is available for preview.
You will want to “Get Started” and give your information.
Making a donation:
- If you would like to make a donation, but not receive any cups, you can do that any time and in any amount between now and the
end of the “auction.” Look for the "Donate" button on the site. This is not linked to receipt of cups.
How cup selection works:
On Monday, September 20, starting at 7:00 pm, the first person to choose a set of cups, will receive them, as long as they have already entered their information. This is because you will be charged for your $75 cups donation when you select your cups.
Note that this is not really an auction, although it is the language used on the site. The “Learn to Bid” button won’t necessarily help you.
Previewing the cups before Monday evening is highly recommended. There are over 150 sets, all unique. There are also bowls and even a teapot so look carefully.
1. Click twice on the pic of the cups. You will see:
- a larger pic of the cups.
- the name of the potter.
- the time and place to pick up the cups:
Food Bank of Central New York
7066 Interstate Island Road, Syracuse, NY 13209
2. If you particularly like certain sets, write the numbers of your choices down to help you make a quick bid on Monday evening.
You can also click on the stars in the boxes of your choices to indicate your favorites.
The next time you open the site, you will see a star or the word “ favorites” at the top of the page. Go there to review your list.
3. On Monday evening, open the site a few minutes early to be sure you are ready.
4. Find your favorite pottery items, click the button provided and the set is yours! This is determined on a first-come, first served basis, so you won't want to be late!
The Independent Potters' Association of Central New York is a community-minded group of ceramic artists/potters who support and promote others while developing resources to mentor and recognize excellence in ceramics.
Since our founding in 2011, we have
- sponsored ceramics workshops
- participated in a number of gallery exhibitions and craft shows
- supported and organized community events.